195 grams Plain Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
110 Grams Unsalted Butter
100 Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Salt
- In one bowl, mix together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a second bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract along with the flour mixture. Continue to mix until you get a smooth dough
- Pour your dough into a plastic type bag and refrigerate for around 3 hours. You want the dough to settle so you can work with it.
Now the fun part!
Preheat oven at 170c
- Lightly flour a clean surface and roll out your dough with a rolling pin. Grab your heart shaped cutter, or use a steady hand and cut them puppies out!
- Place your shaped dough onto parchment paper and refrigerate for 15 mins. This will make sure your dough doesn’t lose its shape when you place it in the oven.
- Bake your cookies for around 10 to 15 mins. If you like your cookies quite soft, take them out around the 10 minute mark.
- Decorate with icing if you please.
Happy Valentine’s Day!!